Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Posted on a billboard...

I had a funny thought today. I was getting ready for my day this morning after my walk and started to think about how happy I am that I started this diet on January 4th.

I am happy because I have lost 35 pounds. Yup, thirty-five fine 'ol pounds. Then it kind of reminded me of something....

Did you ever travel on a highway and see one of those billboards that say "If you bought a home in XYZ Community, you would be home by now!"? That is what I started to think about. My billboard says "If you started this lifestyle January 4th, you could be 35 lbs lighter!" I wish I had see that LAST January 4th!


I guess what I am trying to say is that I am thankful that I am on the road (ohhh -- pun intended) to better health and a slimmer self. YOU can be "reading" your own billboard three months from now by starting TODAY! I hope my analogy here isn't confusing...my mind works in strange ways sometimes!

On a final note today, I want to send my heartfelt thank you to all of you who continue to send me emails, motivational notes, inspirational stories, and picture. You inspire me. Really. I love having you look over my shoulder! Let's hear from you!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Pat! Was reading your weight loss blog and decided to drop a line. I had my second bypass (a triple) in February and I never want to go through it again. I have resolved in my mind, that if you don't have your health, you really do not have much going for you. Poor health takes it's toll and steals your joy. I too have made a commitment to better health this year. I want to be there for my grandchildren, my adult children, my mother and my dear husband. Although exercise does make me feel better, it is one of those things that may as well be a four letter word in my mind's eye. Keep up the good work, you have re-motivated me! Beth Cutwright

Terri Capobianco said...

Hey Pat,

Still looking over your shoulder, just way, way busy these days. Congratulations!! 35 lbs is amazing!! I can't wait to see you in person. Keep up the good work, and I'm right there with you!

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Pat,
So true, so true. Life passes us by even if we do nothing. So, this time next year, we can be older, thinner and healthier, or just older.

I've been stuck in a rut lately. My support group does 90 day plans. I've got about 25 days left in this plan, and am right where I started 65 days ago. I gained 5 pounds on our vacation last week, have gotten rid of most of it already. That was a definite aberration caused by daily desserts. Needless to say, we don't eat like that at home. I'm getting back into my workout routine, going while Kyle is at swim team practice. I need to adjust something in my routine (including my attitude) to get me over this plateau. I don't want to get comfortable at this weight, as I still have so much more to accomplish.

How goes the training??

Niki

Alex said...

Hello Pat! I am a fellow demonstrator and I saw your weightloss link and clicked on it since this is a subject near and dear to my heart - LOL! I started weight watchers on the 24th of March and have lost 17 pounds so far - whoohoo! So, I wanted to personally come tell you that your 35 POUND WEIGHT LOSS HAS INSPIRED ME - you are awesome!! Congratulations - I am sure it is probably more now since this post is a little over two weeks ago, but I wanted to give you your due - you are amazing! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.